Particulars that are required to be fulfilled in case of processing matter relating to paid news by Press Council of India are as follows:
- Constitution of MCMCs of the region,
- Names of the members who have participated in MCMCs,
- Proceedings/minutes of meetings recording the reason for holding them to be paid news,
- Legible copy of impugned news clipping
- Translation of the paid news item either in Hindi/English.
- Copy of letter issued by the MCMC to the respondent forwarding its report.
- Further, information may be furnished as to whether the concerned candidate has preferred appeal against the order of the District level MCMC before the State level MCMC and thereafter before the Committee of the ECI.